Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Here goes nothing...

*pic updated from 4/8/2012*


SO...  I've been reading a lot of quirky "mom blogs" lately and every time I think, "HEY!  I could do this.  I've got things to say and no soap box to stand on."  I have a "he-who-must-not-be-named" character in this story, we'll just call him BOB.  BOB gave me the most beautiful 5 year old on this planet but really, that's the only good thing to come out of that train wreck of a "relationship."  I was tortured mentally & physically.  Mentally from day one (I came to realize later) & physically starting shortly after our son's birth.

I never thought of myself as a "survivor of domestic abuse."  For one, it's so damn cliché!  I thought since I stayed, I asked for it.  Later after the fog of BOB had left our teeny tiny family my clarity of the situation surfaced little by little.  One thing that's not cliché though is I'm lucky to be alive.  This sounds dramatic but it is most certainly true...

My tornado of a life now is a good tornado.  Think of it as the tornado that killed the wicked witch of the East.  I'm a full time mom AND full time student at 34 years old.  I'm in the Agribusiness and Science Technology program.  I want to work on a huge corporate farm with the coolest technology that's so new I'll have to teach it to everybody else.  *dream job moment*

I have to sign my cute kid Nik up for all day kindergarten on the 22nd!!!  When did that happen?!?  It seems like one minute he was born.  The next minute his father started drinking heavily.  Fast forward 5 dramatic years and you're booting him out the door to entrust the public school system with his safety and well-being.  I find this funny because I love my child deeply yet his own father probably doesn't know his own kid is starting school in the fall.  *crazy!*

So… Title time…  Growing up, by 30 I thought I’d have 5 kids with more on the way.  A husband I adored, the house, the yard and of course, THE WHITE FRICKEN PICKET FENCE!  Ahhh…  Just another tired old cliché that I can’t get away from.  Bad choices coupled with the fact that my beloved mother died from ovarian cancer when I was 22 got me here today.  I have a lot to say about all of the above so if I’ve done my job in intriguing you, stick around to see what I say next.

XOXO
-S



Random funny techie thought of the day:
Anyone else find it funny when Microsoft asks permission to install Microsoft updates... I do.





9 comments:

Nicola said...

A great start. I look forward to hearing more. :))

The Tigress said...

Hey another mad blogger ;-)...I'm pretty new to it myself! Hope you enjoy :)

White Picket Fence? I think not... said...

LOL Tigress!

Anonymous said...

I'm still holding out for my picket fence...but my crazy family keeps knocking it over. I'm just gonna go with it for a while. I just happened this way from FB... I can't wait to see what else you write. Guess I just added another to my must read list! :)

francene said...

wishing you the best with your blog, YES keep writing ! Your dream job DOES sound like a dream - love aggie sorta things myself. I can tell you from experience (my one and only is 21) that you'll never forget that first day of school. It came so fast for me too. It was the day I realized he was not "all mine" anymore....... and would be heading toward eventual departure from me. Next thing you know, we were at HS graduation - how did THAT happen??!!

Twisted Shadow said...

I didn't know you had a blog, lol sounds good. my blog is often neglected and when I do post to it it is usually something that makes me sound like a lunatic or s
omething.

Appy said...

Hearts... and stuff!

Anonymous said...

You GO Girl!!By the Grace of God I raised two beautiful kids in a man's world after a similar 7 year marriage! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE reading your posts! They are sincere, crazy, real & hilarious! I love that you are safe with your baby 'N', away from the lunacy of a psycho! Sometime we women under estimate ourselves and have to learn things the hard way....but hey, that's what makes us strong, sometimes it makes us stronger than a brick shit house which is what became of me, now I dont allow anyone to hurt me! I also saw the days of a controlling, mentally abusive relationship of 18 years! I am proud of you and you continue to be an inspiration to others! Keep doing what you're doing....you are making a difference in others lives! Gods Peace to you girl!